Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Antique Door Headboard {Yay, the black metal thingie is gone!!! }

For Mothers Day my hubby got me the BEST gift EVER! He knows how badly I hated the old headboard that we had on our bed. {Something he had purchased a few months before we met.} I had always talked about finding an old antique door and using that for our headboard, something inexpensive and cheap. Well, guess what he walks in with Mothersday Morning as I am eating a wonderful breakfast that he and my kiddies had prepared!? Yup, an ANTIQUE DOOR!!! YAY! I was so excited! I have the best husband ever:-) Well, we finally got it hung up. I originally wanted to paint it another color, but after much debate I decided on keeping it white, and old looking. Washed it down with a few rags and lots of soap, than took some sandpaper to the doorknob that was caked in white paint, to get the original oil rubbed bronze to shine thru.  Hung it up and TaDA!!!
I LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVE it! Its so rustic, and lovely. :-)
 Now suddenly all my decor and pillows come more together, to soon create 
my Master bedroom 
Masterpiece:-) 

Before



AFter
Shared today at:
Tip Junkie handmade projects



15 comments:

  1. I soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo want an antique door to hang! Go hubby {B} you totally earned points on that gift! I love it Cat it turned out so darling and love that you distressed the knob. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! What an awesome way to totally transform a bed! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! I really am a HAPPY girl now! :-) I just LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this- it's absolutely charming!! Well done! I host a decorating party at my blog on the weekends if you would like to come share sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Courtney, & I would love to join your party! See u there:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Catherina! Thank you so much for visiting me a while back and leaving a comment! I love your new headboard! It is perfect & gorgeous! I love how it looks with the black & white bedding. Lovely! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopping back by to say thanks so much for linking this up at Feathered Nest Friday this week! Hope to see you again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again Cat, I'm. In. LOVE. Beautiful work! And good job to the hubs too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome headboard. love all things repurposed!
    we featured you today!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I have been wanting to do a heard board from an old door for a looooong time. I just haven't gottten my butt in gear yet. Yours is perfect!

    I am featuring you today on SJ!

    Halsey

    ReplyDelete
  11. DO IT Halsey! You will so not regret it! :-) I have never loved my room this much, it just makes me "gitty" inside when I see it! :-)
    I will go check out the feature, THANKS:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have two old doors that are coming with us to our new house that i am hoping to use as a headboard! i was going to do it here, but stopped when we realized we'd be selling. i love yours and now am more excited abut the project! i featured your bed today and am about to become a follower- love your style! i showed emmy that bedroom, too and we are going to use it to help us inspire her new room! :) thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. First off great job on the headboard, super cute! Second...don't know if you've covered this already but how did you attach/hang your headboard? I bought a king size headboard from the hotel liquidator in the Denver area and painted it a fun color but...it didn't come with any hardware to attach it. Any thoughts? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...