Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

PB Inspired Christmas Swag DIY

I am in LOVE with door swags these days. So I wanted to make my own. When I came across this one on Potterybarns website, it was an instant "I can totally make that"! {I love those moments};-) 

Here is the Potterybarn version.

 {I searched everywhere for big metal bells like these, but my only luck were these smaller ones at the Dollar Store. Could NOT beat the price! So this swag is inspired by PB but with my own twist }.
 *if i do come across these, you bet I will replace the ones I have, but for now these cute little ones will do.
 Here is my version

  1. I started by bunching some "naked" dry twigs together with wire.
  2. Than on top of that added my freshly clipped Evergreen. Also with wire.
  3. Next I strung all my bells together with some jute, and attached it all together with this lovely burlap wired ribbon. 
  4. Last I made a "hanger" with some wire.
And thats all folks! I think it turned out SO cute:-)
And it was EASY peasy! ;-)


8 comments:

  1. So pretty and you're right, you cannot beat the price. Looks just as good as the Pottery Barn version. I am a new follower from Sweet Saturday.Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice! I am hoping to get my pictures up tomorrow. I did a swag, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours looks amazing. I love knock offs. Good job. Thank you for sharing and for linking up to last weeks show and share party. Please come back this week and share your latest project with us.

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks amazing! I have seen those wreaths on the PB site but I think yours looks way better than theirs! You did a brilliant job.

    I am definitely pinning it-thank you!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PB has nothing on you!!! What a great swag. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo saw this on Pinterest and had to visit you. New follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I like that you used the smaller bells-like it better than PB's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you make it last from year to year with it being real tree clippings?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...