Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

SUPER SOFT GINGER SNAPS; my Favorite

I have two favorite cookies: Oatmeal Raisin and of course Chocolate chip. But I think that these are a good contender for either of those! Soft Gingersnap Cookies. I saw this recipe on TV the other day and simply had to try them. HOME RUN, there were THE BEST!

Ok, let me say it again....;"Oh my goodness, these are GOOD"! I absolutely love the molasses cookies you can buy in the store, but these homemade soft gingersnaps are even better! One must try these :-) My little 3 yr old could not stop sneaking her little hands into the cookies jar for the next few days, until they were all gone!

And best of all they are a "Snap" to make!
I think that perhaps next time I make these I will add a bit more ginger, to give it a little "kick" and than perhaps Bella will stay away from my cookies;-)



Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 c. corn oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 c. molasses
  • 2 cups + 2 T. flour
  • 2 t. baking soda
  • 1 t. ground ginger
  • 1 t. cinnamon
  • 1/2 t. salt
Method:

Combine butter and oil in mixer bowl and beat until smooth. Beat in the egg, sugar and molasses. Sift the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt together. Add to the egg mixture to form a dough.

Roll into 1" balls and coat with additional sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until puffed. Cook on the cookie sheet for several minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.

Makes 4 dozen.

Recipe from the Junior League of Salt Lake City's Always in Season Cookbook featured on Studio 5 KSL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...