Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Jordbaer Grod....YUMMMMMMMMMM!






So this morning I wanted to make a yummy summer dessert that is traditional in Denmark. We usually make it with all kinds of berries, or even Rhubarb. This one I made with fresh Strawberries. It is one of my favorite things to eat in the summer! I cant wait to someday sit in my backyard on a beautiful summer evening, at a beautiful table decorated with fresh flowers, a tablecloth and lit by candles. Hearing my children play, and feel the fresh Morgan air in my hair as I taste my homemade Jordbaer Grod.......ahhhh....this is one of my "fairytale" envisions of my someday house life:-)
But for now, I will enjoy it in my cute little apartment..that has AC! :-) (we were out of it for 2 weeks so I am ever so grateful, especially on a day like today...100F!)


Jordbaer Grod (Danish Strawberry Pudding)

  • Prep Time: 15 mins
  • Total Time: 30 mins min
  • Serves: 6
"This is a traditional, Danish summer dessert, slightly adapted. Very cooling and refreshing."

Ingredients

    • 2 lbs strawberries
    • 1 cup sugar (or to taste)
    • 1 quart water (reserve 1/2 cup)
    • 1/2 cup cornstarch
    • 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh only, please)
    • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
    • 1/2 cup water

    To serve

    • 1 to taste cold heavy cream

Directions

  1. Hull and rinse berries. Add to water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add sugar and simmer until berries are tender, 10-15 minutes (depending on size of berries). Lower heat to medium-low.
  2. Dissolve cornstarch, lemon juice and vanilla and almond extracts in reserved 1/2 cup water, and add to berries and sugar. Bring to rolling boil, stirring constantly. Continue stirring and allow pudding to boil a few minutes until thickened. Ladle into individual serving bowls. Cool.
  3. To Serve: Sprinkle with sugar and serve with cold, heavy cream......Note: I "dump" the sugar on it! I like mine Sweeeeeeeet! :-)This is better the next day! Let it sit in the fridge....so yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...