Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Own Potterbarn Tuscan Planter

When I saw first saw these on PB a while ago I became slightly obsessed! 
I LOVE these! 

These beauties are priced at anywhere from $149-$299 So of course it gave me the need to create my own cheaper version. 
{Now I am on the lookout for any kind of pots that I can "slightly" paint white, in my house. And even as I am typing this, I just thought of a few other pots that I have that I can do this with}.
Here is my first attempt at one.
I started by painting this lacquered/glossy pot with plain white acrylic paint. {the inside of it is what it used to look like}

Once it dried I painted a few coats. Than busted out my Pampered Chef Scraper {which by the way is one of my FAVORITE things in my kitchen...i use it for everything!} And began to scrape away the bottom and a bit of the top of the pot to give it a weathered look. This was really easy because of the original glossy finish.

And here is the finished Planter!
And I love it!

{I still need to replant the greenery into it, but you get the idea}:-)
I will need to use a different technique if I paint something with a matte finish rather than this glossy one. 

2 comments:

  1. Cat, You cease to amaze me! Girl really. I love this so much they turned out super cute. i might have to try this. Thanks for sharing.
    Linds

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...